* Blair, Raymond & Chad went to Zion National Park and hiked the Narrows with their Scout Troop. I was so nervous for them but it all turned out well. It was a great bonding experience for them all - for those 3 as family and for the troop in general. Even us Mom's got into the experience and a couple of us went out for a girls night since our boys were gone. Fun! Everyone came back safe and sound :-)
* Blair's Mom leaves tomorrow night. She has been here since July 4th. It has been a great experience and I have grown to love and respect this woman. She has been a wonderful example to me as a wife and mother and has loved me and my children unconditionally. I am truly sad to see her leave and pray we see her soon.
* Raymond's had the past 3 weeks off of football and is now back in Hell week. But as the trooper he is, on his first day back to football from 8am-5pm, he came home and gave a great Family Home Evening. He and Chad have gotten even closer and it makes my heart soar when I see them together. He is a good example to Chad and is always asking to take him around with him and his friends - Scouts, movies, sleepovers. Chad looks up to Raymond so much and I see Raymond taking Chad under his protective wing. He understands his responsibility as a 'big brother' figure to Chad and takes it seriously. Raymond has a full schedule this year in school and has some big choices to make for school. We talked the other night about his plans and I was relieved to hear it immediately included a Mission. 6 months ago - he wasn't sure. The other night it was: Oh yeah I'm going to El Co then my Mission then I'll transfer to a university ... :-)
* Chad has grown so much this summer. He's still the comedian but I see his personality emerging and his self confidence growing. He has spent almost the entire summer with Raymond and the older boys from our ward. I'm grateful for their good examples to him. They have accepted this kid and have included in all (appropriate) activities. I can see this has had such an influence on Chad as his maturity has increased significantly. Blair has noticed it too. Chad has had a 'coming of age' this summer. While he still is boyish, his thoughts and ideas have increased in depth. Blair has begun to trust him with more responsibility and (thankfully!) Chad has worn this new weight well. I'm anxious to see him develop over this year. He'll be 14 in a few weeks and already he and Raymond are planning what they will do at the dances Chad will now be able to go to, Youth Conferences and Firesides. It's a new era for Chad with so many more experiences ahead of him. It's very exciting!
* Corina has spent the past month in UT. We have missed her so much. Savanah cried at least once a day the first week she was gone. She's called Corina several times and left messages "um hi Corina, it's me Savanah. Um I miss you and love you and what are you doing? are you having fun? I'm bored"... lol... I know she's very excited and nervous to go into middle school. Chad and Corina go back and forth complaining about having each other at the same school again. LOL.. and both swear they will not walk home with each other!
* Savanah has grown up this summer as well. It has struck me that she will be 7 in a few months. I've thought for a while that we've babied her and I really contemplated my relationship with her. She is so close to me and really takes her lead from me. I have made a conscious effort this summer to gradually stop babying her. I've increased her responsibilities around the house and have started to really have conversations with her. She is such a sweet special girl. She has announced that she wants to take tahitian dancing, hip hop, singing and piano! LOL.. I love it! She's nervous to go to 2nd grade but I know she will do fine.
*Michael - he seems to be doing well on his mission. His emails to me are brief but positive and he always speaks of how much he loves it. He is staying with a family and the husband was just called as the new Bishop for their ward. Bike accidents still plague him but his outlook is positive. I just wish he would write more details!! I'm hoping he's writing to all of you and that all of you are writing to him :-)
As for me and Blair we're fine. Just working and trying to fit in some alone time between work, church and kids. :-)

2 comments:
Oh man church dance age. HOw exciting! :)
great update. yes we hear from michael weve been emailing him at least once every other week. And yes his emails are brief and a bit confusing lol i guess thats how he is brief and confusing lol..but we just like it that he can have mail from us...
Post a Comment