?

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sad News

Last week my Dad's step-son -David Skimin - passed away in the Coast Guard helicopter crash on Oahu. It was the first Coast Guard crash since 1982. David was the oldest son of my step-mother Peggy.

I have never met him in the 4 or so years our parents have been married but I have always heard about his wonderful free spirit. Peggy is devestated as you can guess and my heart is broken for her. My brother & sister in HI will be attending both the Coast Guard memorial and funeral. We will attend a memorial here in Cali when Peggy gets back.

How wonderful the Gospel is - it has given all of us such comfort. Nothing can really take away the pain. I didn't know him but as a mother my heart still aches for Peggy and as a wife my soul is so sad for his wife. But I know Peggy is comforted knowing his is in the arms of his Heavenly Father now.

It's been all over the news here in Los Angeles as well as HI. From the news & from Peggy I've been able to know him better.

There has been wonderful support from family, friends and perfect strangers. Americans who have sent well wishes and prayers simply because he was in the service and helped to protect us. We are all thankful for that. It has truly helped.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_10407376?source=most_viewed

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080906/NEWS01/809060336/-1/RSS02

No comments: