?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My update

So my last post was very positive. I really needed this writing outlet to get out my thoughts and feelings. Unfortunately, the surgery did not go well.

During the surgery they found her tumor had grown into the main vein. This means that cancer cells have already spread through her body and will eventually claim another organ. This news was absolutely devastating and I do not want to re-live those moments by writing about it. It's just too much.

Since then we have been doing our best to be supportive. She & her husband decided to try a new intense chemo to shrink the tumor. We just got the news that it's working! Shrinking the tumor is buying her time - time to get her family and other things in order. I know this is not a cure but I am focusing on this now, focusing on the positive. Although I know the end is inevitable, I just can't deal with that now. So I go on with my life, happy that my sister is still here and is still fighting. I can't go on any other way.

Life has been busy on top of all that. I am still YW President and I love it. I love my girls and I love seeing them grow and mature. I love my counselors and secretary. They are wonderful women who love the girls as much as I do. It is a very busy calling and I'm trying my best to juggle it all. Work has been so hectic these past few months. I thought I was going to be laid off but instead I took over the lead on filming our European spot for the KCA's. It was exhilarating as always but it was many long days and nights and it took a tole on my family.

People are always surprised that I am looking forward to when I get laid off. I hope it's soon. I know that is what's best for my family. So I sit and wait for the day the call me in to let me go. I had heard it was going to be the end of Q1 and here we are at that time. So I hope it's soon. I want to be home with my family and take a breather. As much as I love my job and absolutely love what I do, I love my family more.

1 comment:

Nimo said...

So great to see updates!! I can't imagine what your family is going thru. Im sorry. Grateful for the Gospel and Eternal Families. Love you guys.