?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Updates

What a week we had last week! It was very busy but great!

Sunday - Tuesday I was down in Newport putting on a training of my new instructors. It was fun but very long 16 hour days.

Thursday was Michael's open house. It was great! We had so many people! Blair & the kids rearranged the house and we had a friend pick up all the food as me & Lama were working. We had such an outpouring from the ward. They have been so supportive with the kids these past 4 1/2 years. This ward loves them so much and I was so touched at how many people came out to wish him well. The first person arrived at 5pm and the last person left at 11pm. We were all exhausted but it was a fantastic night. My sister and her family even drove over to spend some time with us.

Friday morning was an early day - we had to be at the Temple at 8am. It was a bit rushed in the morning and traffic was terrible. We went separately with Blair, Amiga & Michael going first and I followed. It was a beautiful time in the Temple - no one from the ward was able to make it but it was the three of us with Michael and that was wonderful. I was so proud of him! He did so well. When the four of us were in the Celestial Room, it was a wonderful moment for me & Blair. It's been hard for me to know that he is leaving - although he didn't grow in my womb I love him like he is my son. I've struggled between being so proud of him and being scared for him. Selfishly I'm thinking of myself when he leaves - how different it will be not having him here. How everyone will be two years older. I wonder how he is going to be - how he will handle his mission. Will he be able to talk to people? Will he be ok being away from us? As big as he is and as on his own he has been - the boy forgets to do important things!! LOL...

But Blair & I have been praying for him for a while now. I was so proud of him at his open house. He was laughing and talking with people. He gave them hugs! That was big for Michael. I have watched him grow and blossom as the weeks have grown closer to him leaving. He has matured .. some. :-) I know this will be a great experience for him. I have faith that the Lord will bless him with the confidence to approach people and the words they need to hear to touch their heart. He is a sweet young man and has a solid testimony of the Gospel.

I know he will be a successful missionary.

The weekend was quiet. I got very sick. It started Sat. with last night being the worst. I had 102 fever so I stayed home today from work. I've been asleep most of the day and feel better. No appetite but that's ok. I can stand to miss a few meals..lol..
We're getting ready for our trip to UT. I'm super excited since I missed seeing everyone last weekend. It will be nice to get away for the week and hang out with the family.

No comments: