The Eagle Court of Honor went FANTASTIC! It was a great event - lots of stress and hard work putting it together but it was wonderful. We had over 200 people there. The boys did so well - all of them. I have pictures but need to download to my computer. Grandma Amiga came in for the special day and that meant so much to Raymond (and Malama too I'm sure). We were so thrilled to see her again as we miss her so much.
It was a special night as we honored the boys and their accomplishments. They also honored their mentors and as they went one by one they asked Blair to stand. We were surprised as we didn't know he would be mentioned but then I remembered that yep - he was 1st counselor in YM for 3 years and was very active with them. It was a great moment for Blair as each of the 4 Eagles said a little 'thank you' to him. He was deeply touched.
It was great learning about each boy and also working with their mothers. I got to know those 3 ladies better and grow our 'Church' friendships into more. It was a great experience, everyone got along and we had tremendous support from the ward. So many people came!
Now we are preparing to send these boys on long term and every one's excited to go. They are going to Zion's National Park. Chad & Raymond are both going and of course Chad is very excited. I'm nervous to let them drive so far - but I will turn to the Lord for comfort. They leave Aug. 4th so we are starting to have meetings and getting gear and stuff together - wheew!
For the 4th I put on our ward's 3rd annual pancake breakfast. It was so great! I have two committee members one had a baby last week and one had some health issues so I didn't have a lot of help planning it prior. But last week I was able to call on my friends and other ward members and we all pulled together to make it a success. Each year it has grown - this year was the biggest with about 110 people there. Last year we had about 75 and the first year we had 50. It went smoothly and the food was great. I really appreciated everyone's hard work to help make this a success - I had great cooks, mixers, people organizing tables. The boys and I went at 6am to hold the park and decorate - they were so tired and complained the whole time, but they pulled through like champs. Last year they both fell asleep on me but this year Chad brought his skateboard and of course Raymond has his phone so they had something to occupy them after we finished decorating. Families came and stayed for 3 hours - that's great! I can't wait to do it again next year.
Blair's parents came in on Friday as well. It's been so great having them. My husband is so very happy - he looks like a different person. He is cherishing these past few days with his parents. Mom will stay with us for a few months but Dad is leaving next week. He will hopefully be back at Christmas. Blair's job has been such a blessing to us and we are so thankful for the opportunity it gives us to be able to see more of both our families.
The kids are getting used to Grandma and Grandpa New Zealand ... LOL... and G&G are loving being with the kids. It's been two years since they've seen them. They were so surprised at how tall Chad has gotten - he's actually grown more in the last 6 weeks. I think he is now about 1/2 inch shorter than I am - I predict by Christmas he'll be taller than me! Savanah is still their sweet 'bubba' and they are spoiling them both.
Yesterday was such a wonderful day at Church. I had a great correlation meeting in the morning and that really set the tone for the day. We have a new Bishop and I am really liking how he's structuring things. I'm feeling much more useful in my calling and have felt the promptings to be reach out to the new sisters. I'm happy to say I followed the promptings and had a great day sitting next to a less-active sister and getting to know her better. I met her husband who has a Wave board so we had lots to talk about. He also used to live on Maui so we had the Hawaiian connection ..LOL... I hope they continue to come.
I was asked to sing in a Relief Society choir for a song in Sacrament on July 27th. I stayed for rehearsal and the girls came with me and the boys went to the car. While we were there Savanah went off to play with the chalkboard and Corina came to sit next to me while I sang. There was only 5 of us with me being the only Alto there. We are singing a beautiful arrangement of Lord I will follow thee - and while we were practicing I was showing Corina where my part was and such. The director asked her if she would like to sing with us! LOL... my poor Corina was so surprised! She gave her standard: I don't know answer so the director said - well think about it and you're more than welcome to join us. So while the other parts were practicing we were talking - she was excited but nervous. She sang with me on a couple of parts and I was so happy! She said she liked doing it :-) She has a pretty voice and I hope she'll still sing with us :)

3 comments:
Glad to hear the COH went well! Im sure you have an exciting summer ahead of you. :) Have fun! :o)
That's so awesome you guys. Thanks for doing such a great job with them. Congrats!
Post a Comment