This has been a tough few months. We have been so busy my head has been spinning and the days/weeks/months melt into each other.
Since mid-Oct. my MIL arrived. It's always nice when she's here and Blair loves it so much. I often forget that all of his family is in NZ. I know I miss my family so much when we aren't together but we see each other often enough. He sees them once a year if he's lucky. So I bite my tongue and smile when she's here. She is very helpful but we just do things differently. I think any woman would feel that way. She stayed with us for about 6 weeks.
At the end of October my brother arrived for Savanah's baptism. Unfortunately we were all sick so he stayed with our other sister and I missed spending time with him sooo much.
Savanah's baptism was wonderful. I can't believe she is 8 years old! My husband did a wonderful job and his confirmation was beautiful. We had terrific support from our family and friends. She loved her special day!
After that we had family from Australia come in. It was 4 of them so we had 9 people + the occasional aunty making it 10 people in our 2 bedroom. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. Blair had a great time getting reacquainted with his cousins and meeting the older ones wife and baby. They were young kids when he left and now they are grown and one is married and a father! I loved meeting them and we had a good time. They stayed with us for 2 weeks. During the first week - Blair went to Australia. I know I know - it's crazy. But he went to support Tasha's wedding. It was a surprise and no one knew about it. She was so surprised!!! He was only there for 3 days but gone for 6. It was hard for me but I'm glad he went.
During that time work was insane as we were getting ready to shoot our commercial. I wasn't getting home until 9pm each night and was exhausted. But we shot it and I can't wait for it to air next year :-)
Just as I thought we'd have some time to relax this week - the Australian cousin's left Monday - we had a major health scare. I had to rush Blair to the ER Wed. morning at 4am. They admitted him later that day with a gallbladder attack but something was weird. It's too much to write over again but they tried a few procedures to find and dislodge the stone which they couldn't.
Thurs. they did the operation and the dr. said he found out the gallbladder was gangrene. He said the stone must have been lodged in the neck of the gallbladder for a week and a half or more. He said it was good we came in when we did or he could've died if it had ruptured. It was such an out of body moment when he said that. That I couldve lost my husband and I didn't even know.
He's been in the hospital since Wed. and it's now Sat. and he's home. He had some complications last night but he was well enough to come home. My sister picked up the kids on Wed. and of course Thurs. I had to take my MIL to the airport and make sure she got on ok. So now it's just me and him. He's resting and I am just so very thankful he's still here.

No comments:
Post a Comment