This Mother's Day was great! I was very surprised by all the thought and effort put into it by Blair and the kids. He kept asking me for the past few weeks what I wanted :-) I told him I just want a lei to wear to Church and breakfast. I thought that was fine.
Yesterday I went to San Diego to visit my Mom. I took my brother and sister as a surprise to my Mom as she thought it was only me coming down. We all showed up at her place and she was shocked! It was great. We went inside and sat down and chatted for a while..LOL.. just like we were kids we all wanted to be the first one to give our presents to our mother. Then we all piled in my car and went to Olive Garden. We were surprised by the line - hello!?! It was 2pm on a Sat... why was it so busy? Well it was Mexican Mother's Day. That's ok, while we waited we took a bunch of pictures.

I had planned to pay for my mother and I, then I thought I might as well pay for my brother and sister. Neither one ever has money so I, being the older sister, usually pays for them. I like to help out and I know they appreciated it. well just as I'm about to say it, my brother puts down his menu and says: In honor of Mother's Day and because you are my mother and you my sister's are mother's, I am paying for the entire lunch. Order whatever you like! WOW!!!!!!!!! That is a FIRST!! Seriously! I was super excited and very touched that he did it. That was his gift to us and I was so very touched.

We had a blast all through lunch - going back to the old days, talking about different things, laughing, my sister and brother put each other on blast .. LOL.. each telling a secret on the other that me and my Mom didn't know about. Ha Ha Ha!! It was hilarious!
After lunch we got back to Mom's around 4:30pm and all piled on her bed, just like we did when we were kids. I was very tired from the night before (Raymond's Prom - another post) so after a few minutes of looking at all my mom's pictures of us, I knocked out. By 5:30p my brother and sister were waking me up - they were leaving. I moved to sit on the couch and said good bye and fell asleep again. SAD! Geeze ... LOL.
So about 7pm I woke up and my mom and her boyfriend were there watching TV. LOL... Um.. I know I must have been snoring but thankfully they didn't say anything. LOL..
I spent the next few hours with my Mom just catching her up on my family and work. It was nice to have her undivided attention. Usually our conversations are rushed on the phone but this time it was nice and leisurely. I left about 9:15p and got home just after 11p.
When I got in Blair gave me strict instructions on what I was to do the next day. He was working in the morning but said the kids knew what to do and he would be home by the time we got back from Sacrament (short day for us).
Sure enough I got my lei for church and the kids and I piled in the car. Raymond was wearing his new brown suit and looked so handsome. Sacrament was wonderful - a very festive energy was in the room. The talks were wonderful and everyone loved my lei. The primary kids sang to us, poor Corina didn't get to sing - her last Mother's Day in Primary. She had a bloody nose right after the water and was in the bathroom cleaning up when it was time for them to sing.
After we came back from Sacrament Blair was already home preparing me and Malama's Mother's Day Brunch. Yum!! He was chopping peppers and already had the rice on. After I changed my clothes I was in charge of making sure Malama was up and ready to come over. So I headed over to her house and waited as she got ready. Then we had to wait until we were called over. It was so cute! They were so excited! Savanah was bouncing off the furniture with giddiness! She couldn't wait.

Finally Malama & I got the 'OK' to come over. When we go there the table was beautifully set with special places for me and Malama to sit. Then our girls brought us over to the couch to sit. Corina ran upstairs and and came back down with something in her hand. Blair had gotten Malama a lei too. So he took it from Corina and put it on her with a kiss and a Happy Mother's Day. Then the girls gave us our roses and we were told to go pick our ingredients. Each of the kids had a specific job they did for the breakfast. Raymond's job was to make our omelets. LOL..only thing was the boy had never made omelette's before. Hahahaha... so I showed him how to make one and he was then able to make Malama's. Chad made pancakes and sausage - they were so yum!! Everything was great and we all sat at the table and ate this wonderful food. After brunch it was back to the couch for part #2 - the bearing of the gifts. LOL..
So the kids were all excited and Blair took the 4 of them upstairs to bring down our gifts. We got balloons and everything! Malama & I each got a big Bath & Body gift basket! That was a total shock! I really was not expecting that at all. I got the Japanese Cherry Blossom set and Malama got lavender.

We also got beautiful cards. Then my husband surprised me again. He gave me a gift from himself! He gave me Tommy Bahama's signature fragrance and a very moving card. That again was so unexpected!
It was then time for us to exchange gifts. I had already received a Mother's Day card from Michael. That was so sweet and very touching. Raymond ran home to get their gift for me. It was so cute! Wrapped in Winnie the Pooh paper and it had a balloon attached to it too!
They got me a DEEP FRYER!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited! I've wanted one for ages but just never got around to getting one. It's a really nice one and big. Corina was super excited because she picked it out and knew I had wanted one. Raymond, Blair & Chad were already picking out dinner to make with it.. Hahaha. It was such a nice surprise!
Then it was our turn to give our gift to Malama. I had wanted to do this for her for a long time but never had the money or time to do it. With Michael going on his Mission the time had come. So we gave her professional photo's of the kids. We were so excited! In true Malama fashion, she didn't say much other than - there's one missing and that she liked the black and white. I truly think she really loved the pictures and I hope she gets them framed. We had a wonderful time with all the kids that day - we all got our pictures done at one time. I'm going to get our printed next week.
Here are the shots we chose for her:
Raymond
Corina
I love this pose!
This is the one we blew up
MichaelAfter gifts everyone went home and we all took a nap. It was wonderful! They came back over a little while ago and we had ice cream and cake and watch my favorite show - Jon & Kate plus 8. Lama was cracking up at Kate. LOL..
It was such a great day. I truly feel blessed and am so thankful that everyone did so much. I'm especially grateful for my husband, who had family meetings with all the kids, made menu's, did all the shopping and made it so special. I feel honored that they all love me - us - so much to do this. It was the best mother's day I've ever had.

4 comments:
I like watching Jon & Kate plus 8.
Kate is so mean to Jon sometimes, but its hilarious, plus, who wouldnt be with 6 kids at home all day !
I love these pics Analei! Thanks so much for posting!
Ah what a great Mothers Day you two had! Good job Blair and kids!! And I LOVE the pictures!!
Cool mother's day and pictures!
Post a Comment