?

Saturday, May 3, 2008

We're back!

What a whirlwind April has been. I can't believe that month is over. I blinked - and it was done.

We had a wonderful time in UT. Sunday - Tuesday was non-stop family. The UT family was absolutely wonderful in arranging fantastic dinners, FHE and just so accomodating. It was truly a blessing for us to see them all again and how fantastic they all were. Michael had a great time. I was so proud of him. We FINALLY got to see the real Michael! Confident, happy, playful and affectionate. He talked with his Aunties & Uncles, played with all his little cousins and kept a good sense of humor and a good perspective of everything. My heart swelled with love, pride and joy that he was able to be released from the rigedness he always was in. He was relaxed and really became a man before my eyes. I only wish we could've seen that side of him for longer than a few weeks. I always knew it was there - he just always felt the need to hide it. Already his Mission has blessed him and his family. It was so great to reconnect with everyone in UT. I hadn't seen them in almost 1 year!

I had gotten really sick the week before UT. I think I was just worn out. The begining of April was very tough with training and getting Michael ready. I ended up relapsing while I was in UT. But I made it for all of Michael's celebrations and dropped him off at the MTC and that's all that mattered.

The MTC was quite an experience (MTC = Missionary Training Center). It was such a good energy there - everyone was so happy. It was hard to say good-bye to him. I watched him walk out that door and to know it's the last time I'll see him for another two years was ... indescribably. It's a mixture of sadness but happiness knowing he is serving the Lord.

When we got back Sunday we had some family from New Zealand who had been staying at our place for a few days. It was wonderful to see them. It was as if no time had past since we last saw each other, but it had actually been two years. We had wonderful conversations and it was truly a joy to have them. I was so exhausted as we were up until 1-2am each night catching up, then I was up in the morning to go to work. Needless to say I still haven't recovered from my illness yet.

Today - Saturday - I slept all day. I think I actually got up around 1130am. It was wonderful and I really feel good.

No comments: