Ok - I know I said I would blog more but life is crazy as always. Lame excuse but that's all I got. :)
The last few weeks have been full of life. I have absolutely loved it. I've been reflecting back on April and have seen some major growth in the kids, Blair & myself.
We went camping together for the first time as a family. We had a blast! Our friends from the ward invited us to go up to Ventura to McGrath state beach. I hadn't been camping in so long that I dont remember it. LOL.. and the girls hadn't either. I take that back - Corina did up in UT but Savanah definitely has not. Of course Blair & the boys have for scouts but it was a first as a family. It was also neat to get to know our 'church' friends outside the building and see their family dynamics. Luckily all our kids are around the same age so we had 10 kids from 7-18. LOL.. it was a lot of fun and we are already planning another trip. I was very proud of my husband who took such good care of us. He was fanatic about making sure the girls were warm enough and tucked both of them in their 'mummy' sleeping bags and piled blankets on them. It made me get all lovey-dovey :-) One of the many reasons why I love him so very much.
Blair has been working non-stop. I'm glad he's back to work but I really miss him. I think the kids do too even though they proclaim their happiness that he's not there to make them do their chores! Hahahaha .. He & Savanah are leaving for New Zealand next week. They're heading back for his brother's graduation (teaching degree) and to see his grandmother. She was recently diagnosed with cancer. He's excited to see her and the family again. I wish I could go too. Chad is staying home as he is still struggling in school and only has a few weeks left to get his grades up to graduate. I will miss them so much when they're gone :(
We've had some challenges with Raymond & Chad lately. They seem to have an aversion to asking for permission - from taking the car to staying out till 1am. They both claim the other was supposed to ask us. So we've had to talk with both of them several times in just a few week period. We never deny Raymond the car and don't deny Chad the opportunity to go out with Raymond & his friends - but not asking permission is a whole other story and those 'misunderstandings' have earned both of them groundings. Sigh...
My birthday was the other day and I have hit the big 36. Is there such thing as 'the big 36'? Well if not - there is now. This birthday was harder than I had anticipated. Normally I don't even think about turning another year older but I can honestly say I had struggles with this year. My best guess is because 36 just sounds so grown-up! I mean really .. now I'm closer to 40 than 30! Blair is turning 37 in another few months and that has hit both of us strangely. We don't think of ourselves as 'old' .. not like 36/37 are, but it just 'sounds' older. I know .. its crazy. In any case I had a wonderful day. I am truly thankful to see another birthday.
I got a new calling today. I'm the new young womens president for our ward. I was very surprised when I was called. I had felt that I'd be released from activities and called to yw but only as a counselor or something. But the Lord had other plans. I am so humbled and awed that the Lord would trust them to my guidence. I'm very thrilled to serve these young women. I know all of them - some better than others - and they are all good girls. I'm so happy to be in there with Corina and she's so excited too! I have new counselors and I can't wait to get to know them better. There is so much to do and so many meetings to attend. For the ward I have a meeting every Sunday and for the Stake there is almost one a month with all the different activities we have. Lots of planning for Girls Camp and lots of meetings just for that. I know this will bring me closer to my Father in heaven as I will need His help so much. I know He would not give me more than I can handle. I trust in Him.

2 comments:
it seems like life just gets more and more busy, huh? anyway, i know you'll do great in YW - and have SO much fun. i personally, think it's the funnest (?) calling you can get!
i know what you mean about the 30's... i never imagined being this old. i don't feel old, but when you think about it, it's kind-of old! just, grown-up old, if that makes sense.
anyway, it's great to hear about you guys there. glad everything is going good for you.
Happy belated birthday! I turn 39 this year. Ugg!
Congrats on the new calling. That will be a challenge but fun and you're up to it. You'll be great! Just pray a lot!
Love you!
Post a Comment