?

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend updates

This has been a really great weekend. I have truly relaxed. Friday a bunch of ladies from our ward went out for a girls night out. I normally don't get a chance to go out but I was happy that Raymond - begrudgingly - agreed to stay home with the kids while I went out. Blair was working - great as it was his 4th day of work in 2 months! I went with my friends Lisa & Jamie and we met the other ladies there. It was really great to see everyone and enjoy each other's company.

Saturday was an absolute lazy day. I hadn't had one is such a long time. I didn't 'officially' get up until 12:30p - I had gotten up earlier when Chad's grandma picked him up but it was fantastic to sleep so much. I then spent the rest of the day watching movies with Savanah and doing her nails, making dinner and just relaxing.

Work has been really hectic. We had even more lay-offs and it's a scary time. Every minute of my day is scheduled. My team & I are working hard to get everything buttoned up for our major presentations for spring 2010. It's stressful but exciting and I thrive on it. But by the time I get home I'm exhausted and I try hard to stay on top of the kids activities with church & school.

Corina is now in YW. I'm so excited for that! 3 in youth - it's so weird. LOL.. last week the youth had a service project so all 3 of them went. Then they had Bishop's discussion and again - all 3 went. It was so weird seeing Raymond drive off with Chad & Corina. She had a good time and I'm really looking forward to working on her Personal Progress with her. We went to the YW General Broadcast last week - it was so great to hear. She was very happy that Malama came too. It was a wonderful reminder of our roles as mothers and wives and it reminded me that whatever I'm doing, I'm teaching these girls by example. Not only to be a wife & mother but also to be a good Latter-day Saint women.

Today was another relaxing day. I had planned to visit my dad who's been in the hospital in San Bernadino for the past month - but he's getting out on Wed. and told me he doesn't want me to drive so far. LOL.. guess no matter how old we are we are always Daddy's little girls. :-) I ended up watching the last half of General Conference. It was so wonderful and I felt that so many of the teachings were told just to me. It was truly edifing and inspirational. Savanah & I sang with the choir and listen to the Prophet. It was a great day.

No comments: