?

Monday, February 11, 2008

My whirlwind trip to Hawaii is over. Although I was only gone 2 1/2 days, it feels like I've been gone for weeks. I'm having a hard time acclimating myself today at work.

The kids & I got in Friday afternoon. I rented a car (thank goodness!) and we were off! I loved having the freedom to rent. In the past I've always had either my brother or sister come pick me up then I was on their time and gas and usually ended up just hanging out. Thankfully due to DH's job we enjoy the blessings of cheap car rentals. It has given me a wonderful feeling of independance and the last few times I've been home have been terrific.

We spent Friday visiting with my sisers and brother. I saw my brothers newest baby - his 4th girl. She is a doll! Beautiful - simple breathtaking. Perfect features, great skin, no coneshapped head - she could have been a model baby! And just as sweet as can be. Darling Daughter enjoyed seeing her girl cousins. She & my brothers oldest girl are 6 months apart & are like two peas in a pod.


Son was feeling the estrogen .. LOL... All the little girls love Son. He's a very kind hearted and loving boy. I think they feel safe with him so that's why they swarm him and won't leave him alone. His paitences is long but he can get overwhelmed. But they just love him!


Sat. was the funeral.

All.

Day.

We got there late at 9:30a and we left at 5pm. It was a beautiful, simple service. We had so many people come! Family flew in from the other islands, Samoa, UT and other parts of the US. I got to hear wonderful stories and learn more about her - wonderful accomplishments and circumstances that helped me uderstand who she was.

Beautiful Laie Cemetary -->


She was widowed at 32 and had 4 young children to take care of. My cousin Eric (her son) told us how after the funeral she told all the kids to get their things together and she was taking them on a picnic to the beach. And they had a wonderful day - and a wonderful memory. After her funeral Sat. we all went to the beach. There was about 15-20 of us - young and old alike. And we swam and have fun in the water. And we made wonderful memories.

I had such a great time being with family. We all know the Gospel and we were comforted to know that she is free from the limitations of her broken body. Free to work as hard as she liked too. And she is with our Father in Heaven.

Seeing the outpouring of love that day made me so very thankful for all that I have. For my husband and children and for the Gospel.

No comments: